Half a Pig Raffle Rules
- The raffle of half of a pig is being held to raise money for the benefit of the Seneca Falls Library, 47 Cayuga Street, Seneca Falls, New York, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
- The drawing will be held on June 15, 2022 at 12:00 PM at the Seneca Falls Library.
- A ticket will be randomly drawn from among all entries by a Seneca Falls Library patron who has no vested interest in the raffle.
- The pasture raised, half of a pig will come from Autumn’s Harvest Farm, Fayette, New York. The meat will arrive to the winner butchered in standard cuts (see #6), vacuum sealed and frozen.
- No specifications of custom pork cuts is allowed by the winner as the cuts and processing is predetermined.
- The winner will receive: 8 Packs of Bacon, 8 Packs Maple Bacon, 2 Mini Ham, 2 Ham Steak, 2 Butt Roasts (2.5lb), 2 packs Boneless Pork Chops (2 chops each pack), 2 packs Bone in Pork Chops (2 chops each pack), 8 (1lb) Sweet Italian Rope Sausage, 8 (1lb) Breakfast Sausage Patties, 8 (1lb) Ground Pork, 1 (2.5lb) Spare Ribs, 1 (2lb) Baby Back Ribs.
(Package Valued at $450.75. Pounds listed are average weight. Estimated 64 lbs. total)
- The Seneca Falls Library will make arrangements with the raffle winner for a library staff person to pick up the meat from Autumn’s Harvest Farm and deliver the meat directly to a prearranged address located within 50 miles of the Seneca Falls Library.
- Tickets may be purchased from the Seneca Falls Library circulation desk or from any Seneca Falls Library volunteer who may have them.
- The cost of tickets is $10.00 each.
- Ticket sales will continue until 30 minutes prior to the drawing.
- The prize will be awarded to the person named on the raffle ticket and is not transferrable or assignable.
- Tickets may not be sold to persons under the age of 18. Adult buyers may not write the name of a person under the age of 18 years on the ticket.
- Organizations may purchase tickets in their name, and anyone can purchase tickets and put them in the name of an organization. A contact person and phone number of that organization must be included.
- Employees of the Seneca Falls Library and their household members and Scott Healy, CPA are not eligible to win.
- Volunteers, board members, and Friends of the Seneca Falls Library are eligible for entry into the raffle.
- Participants need not be present to win. Winner will need their copy of ticket or positive identification when claiming prize.
- Winners must claim prize within 14 days of raffle drawing.
- Every effort to contact the winner will be made. If the winner does not respond or is otherwise unreachable within 7 days of raffle drawing then the winner forfeits the prize and a new drawing will be held.
- The raffle winner is responsible for any and all federal, state and local income or exercise taxes.
- Raffle tickets purchased are not a tax-deductible contribution.
- Cash or check will be accepted for raffle tickets. Please make checks payable to Seneca Falls Library. In the event that non-cash payments are not cleared for payment, the tickets become ineligible.
- The number of tickets to be sold shall not exceed 500 tickets.
- Participation in the raffle constitutes winner’s consent to the SF Library’s use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media without further payment or consideration.
- Hold Harmless: By Participating, each participant releases, discharges, indemnifies and hold harmless all sponsors of this raffle and its respective directors, board members, employees, representatives and promotional partners from any and all liability, loss, harm, injury, damage, cost and expense whatsoever arising directly or indirectly from participating in the raffle.
Download a printable copy of the rules HERE.