Hours: 30 hours per week, flexible, nights and weekends are required. Other shifts may be available.
Starting Pay Rate: Minimum Wage
The Library Clerk reports to the Library Director and is under supervision by the Circulation Supervisor.
- The Library Clerk is be responsible for all activity at the circulation desk, and ensuring patrons get their materials in a friendly and timely manner.
- Opening and closing the Library location.
- Handles cash and uses a standard cash register to record all Library transactions.
- Helping patrons locate library materials.
- Helping patrons use the online Library catalog.
- Helping patrons with the internet and print/copy services.
- Answering the library phone.
- Shelving library materials by the Dewey Decimal Classification system and helping Library pages when they need assistance.
- Performs routine materials maintenance including covering books, processing Library materials and other processing tasks.
- The Library Clerk is also responsible for any tasks assigned by the Library Director, Youth Services Coordinator and Library Administrative Assistant.
*** Lifting and bending on a consistent basis is required for this position. ***