SUBSTITUTE LIBRARY CLERK
Hours: 5 – 10 per week, flexible, nights and weekends are required.
Starting Pay Rate: $15.00 – $16.00
The Substitute Library Clerk reports to the Library Director.
- The Substitute Library Clerk is be responsible for all activity at the circulation desk, and ensuring patrons get their materials in a friendly and timely manner.
- Opening and closing the Library building.
- Handles cash and uses a standard cash register to record all Library transactions.
- Helping patrons locate library materials.
- Helping patrons use the online Library catalog.
- Helping patrons with the internet and print/copy services.
- Answering the library phone.
- Shelving library materials by the Dewey decimal classification system and helping Library pages when they need assistance.
- Performs routine materials maintenance including covering books, processing Library materials and other processing tasks
- The Library Clerk is also responsible for any tasks assigned by the Library Director, Youth Services Coordinator and Library Administrative Assistant.
Lifting and bending on a consistent basis is required for this position.
Please download and print the Employment Application.
Submit the application to:
Seneca Falls Library
47 Cayuga Street
Seneca Falls, NY 13148