Part-time, Library Page
Hours: 10-12 per week, flexible, nights and weekends are required.
Starting Pay Rate: Minimum wage
The Page reports to the Library Director and is under supervision by the Circulation Supervisor.
- The Library Page is responsible for shelving library materials by the Dewey Decimal system. Shelving should be done on a once per hour basis or as needed.
- Shelf Reading – This means ensuring that the books are on the shelves neatly and in proper order according to the Dewey Decimal System.
- Light Cleaning- Wipe down counters and tables, check bathrooms for cleanliness and supply status, push in chairs left out, clean up toys and library materials that have been left out, and bring donation books to the attic as they come in. A half hour before the end of each shift doing a spot check around every area of the library to straighten books and furniture and pick up any garbage left in the library by patrons.
- Help Clerks at the Circulation Desk as needed.
- Do any tasks as assigned by the Library Director, Circulation Supervisor, or the Youth Services Coordinator.
Lifting and bending on a consistent basis is required for this position.