All of our services, including program attendance and meeting room use, are free and open to the public. We offer books (print, audio and electronic), DVDs, games, magazines and newspapers for check out, as well as access to more than 25 electronic databases and the Internet using our dedicated connection or WiFi. For more information on these services, give us a call at (315) 568-8265, ext. 2.
Getting a Library Card
People ages 5 and over residing in the Finger Lakes Library System can obtain a library card using a photo ID and proof of address.
Your library card is good for use in all 33 of the libraries which are part of the Finger Lakes Library System. Included are all the libraries in Seneca, Cayuga, Tompkins, Cortland and Tioga counties.
The other libraries in the Finger Lakes Library System are:
- Interlaken Public Library
- Elizabeth Garnsey Delavan (Lodi) Library
- Edith B. Ford Memorial (Ovid) Library
- Waterloo Library and Historical Society
- Seymour Library (Auburn)
- Aurora Free Library
- Stewart B. Lang Memorial (Cato) Library
- Fair Haven Public Library
- Powers Library (Moravia)
- Hazard Library (Poplar Ridge)
- Port Byron Library
- Springport Free Library
- Weedsport Free Library
- Kellogg Free Library (Cincinnatur)
- Cortland Free Library
- Phillips Free Library (Homer)
- Lamont Memorial Free Library (McGraw)
- Peck Memorial Library (Marathon)
- Apalachin Library
- Berkshire Free Library
- Candor Free Library
- Tappan-Spaulding Memorial Library (Newark Valley)
- Cady Library (Nichols)
- Coburn Free Library (Owego)
- Spencer Library
- Waverly Free Library
- Southworth Library Association (Dryden)
- Groton Public Library
- Tompkins County Public Library (Ithaca)
- Lansing Community Library
- Newfield Public Library
- Ulysses Philomathic Library (Trumansburg)
Print, Copy, Fax and Scan
Print: You can print from library computers. Black and white prints are 10 cents per page (20 cents double-sided). Color prints are 50 cents per page ($1.00 double-sided).
Copy: A copier is available for public use. Prints are 10 cents per page (20 cents double-sided). Legal sized prints are 15 cents per page (30 cents double-sided).
Fax: Fax service is 25 cents per page.
Scan: Bring a USB drive or SDHC card with you for free scanning of documents.
On January 1, 2019, the Seneca Falls Library went Fine Free. We no longer charge fees for items that are late. Lost or missing items will still be charged to patron accounts. These charges will pay for items to be replaced. Learn more here.
Free Notary Public services are available on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM. Please call ahead to confirm that the notary is in the office and available.